What is it?
UNCG’s current work and collaboration tools include Google Workspace (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, etc.), Box, Zoom, and network file storage. Microsoft 365 will replace these tools with the traditional MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc), Teams, and OneNote.
Why are we doing it?
The University currently has multiple email, chat, and video conferencing platforms that work the same or similarly. At one time, many of these tools were provided for free. The days of free services have ended. Additionally, services and applications are getting more complex, requiring more training for campus users and IT staff. Streamlining these services will…
- make user support and onboarding new users easier
- cost less
- make everyone’s experience the same
- improve data security
How will I be impacted?
Although this migration will be disruptive, you will learn how to use new, dynamic tools that will make working, communicating, and collaborating better and easier.
When will this be implemented?
July 2023 is the current target date to complete this change.
What do I need to do?
Right now, the best thing you can do is start organizing your files in Box, Google Drive, and on all of your devices. ITS is coordinating comprehensive training. Follow ITS News for announcements on how and when training will take place.
Related ITS News
- On Thursday, January 26, 2023, Information Technology Services (ITS) will host an interactive panel discussion featuring faculty members from universities across the country. These experts teach in the Microsoft 365 platform and will share their experiences, insights, and knowledge on […]
- UNCG is moving to Microsoft 365 as the single destination for file storage and collaboration tools currently provided by Google Workspace, Box, and Zoom. Information Technology Services (ITS) invites all students, faculty, and staff to participate in a survey about […]
- UNCG is moving to one video-conferencing platform, Microsoft Teams. Encourage your colleagues to become early adopters by hosting Teams meetings now! This article will walk you through what you need to know to host collaborative and inclusive meetings in Teams. […]
Major Milestones & Events
Assessment of environment readiness and planning
Faculty Panel Discussion – Teaching in Microsoft Teams
An interactive panel discussion featuring faculty members from universities across the country. View the recording.
Migration of files out of Box and Google Drive into MS OneDrive begins
Video migration from Zoom and Google Meet to MS Teams
Migration of email from Google to MS Outlook
SEND US YOUR QUESTIONS
Help us make the FAQs better, more informative.
Subscribe to ITS News.